SPLM has named nominees to be appointed ministers in the Transitional Government of National Unity. Cde Daniel Awet Akot, who is a member of the SPLM Political Bureau, says they are awaiting Dr Riek Machar to return to Juba for the formation of the unity government.
President Salva Kiir appointed Dr Riek Machar as first Vice President last week. He gave Dr Machar a week to report to the capital and failure to do report to Juba as per his boss directive will amount dismissal.
However, Dr Machar said will travel to Juba unless adequate security arrangements are made in line with the capital’s demilitarization provided for in the peace agreement and body guards are transported.
Juba is unhappy and undermine Machar’s above claims because they wanted to maintain the old constitution which give Salva Kiir all power to fire his deputy at will. Juba is against IGAD plus documents- ARCSS that reduce some of their power.
The demands made by Machar are not going to work because Kiir want to come to Juba to return to the same system of before.
Daniel Awet Akot says the following names have been sent to the president for final approval. All the names of the government nominees are ready and President Kiir is going to form the TGoNU if Machar disobey his order by not returning to Juba with in one week as per request made earlier last week. The government named the following national leaders for national ministerial portfolios as follows;
- Hon Michael Makuei Lueth- Ministry of Justice and Constitutional Affairs
- Gen John Kong Nyuon- Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
- Hon Deng Athor Bech- Ministry of Finance, Economic and Planning
- Hon Riek Gai Kok- Ministry Health
- Hon. Kuol Manyang Juk- Ministry of Defense and Veteran Affairs
- Gen Paul Malong Awan- Ministry of National Security
- Gen James Hoth Mai-Ministry of Communication Technology and Postal Services
- Hon Philip Thon Aleek- Ministry of Wildlife Conservation and Tourism
- Hon. Chol Tong Mayay- Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
- Hon Nhial Deng Nhial- Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
- Hon Bior Ajang Duot- Ministry of Culture, Youth, and Sport
- Hon John Gai Yoh- Ministry of General Education and Instruction
- Hon Awut Deng Acuil- Ministry of Child and Social Welfare
- Hon Anna Ito-Minister in the Office of the President.
- Gen David Yau Yau- Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries
- Gen Aleu Ayiny- Ministry of Environment and Forestry
Cde Akot had revealed 16 names without further mentioning who to hold what ministry. As per the peace deal, GRSS will take up 16 ministerial positions in the interim government while SPLM/SPLA-IO will take 10 while other political parties will share the remain four, which bring to the total of 30 ministers for TGoNU.
A senior member in the SPLM-IO had reveals that they had nominated 10 ministers for the transitional government of national unity but unaware as to whether the names were forwarded to president Salva Kiir for the final approval.
According to SPLM-IO senior member who was contacted by African Press had revealed the list of 10 nominees from army position as follows;
- Gen Alfred Lado Gore-Ministry of Interior
- Dr Peter Adok Nyaba- Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology
- Hussien Maar Nyuot- Ministry of Petroleum
- Capt Mabior Garang de Mabior- Ministry of Water Resource and Irrigation
- Dr Dhiew Mathok- Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management
- Gen Taban Deng Gai- Ministry Labor, public Service and Human R Development
- Gen. Khamis Abdel-Latif-Ministry of Mining
- Amb Ezikiel Lol Gatkuoth- Ministry of Energy and Dams
- Richard K Mulla- Ministry of Federal Affairs
- -Oyet Nathaniel Peirino: Ministry of Land, housing and Urban Development
While Former Detainees had names Deng Alor for Ministry of Foreign Affairs and John Luk for Ministry of Road and Transport, the names which are already lying in president office awaiting. African Press did not receive the names of others political parties for the following ministries 1-Cabinet Affairs and 2-Tranport.