July 27, 2016 The Liech Nuer community Association of Australia Inc. informs all sons and daughters of Liech State, sympathisers and supporters of SPLM/IO worldwide, that we, the Unity State Citizens, strongly announce our full condemnation of Taban Deng Gai for the following reasons:
We denounce unlawful announcement of the removal of Chairman of SPLM-IO and commander in chief of SPLA-IO, Dr Riek Macahr Teny- Dhurgon, the legitimate First Vice President of the Republic of South Sudan.
The citizens of Unity State had experienced heinous practices during the gubernatorial term of Taban Deng as governor of unity state, he pitted communities of Nuer against themselves and used tribal politics policy of divide and rule, as a result many innocent lives killed between 1998 and 2000.
Because of the following bad records, Taban was not even fit to be a member of SPLM/SPLA-IO but he was forgiven as a prodigal son whom we thought has learned from his past mistakes and bad practices.
- During the merger between UDSF and SPLM in 2002 Taban and other members of UDSF planned a defection to SPLM/SPLA Torit faction before the completion of the merger.
- We know very well that this plot was a long time planned and a conspiracy designed by the so called JCE to use Taban Deng Gai and his group to destroy the August, 2015 peace agreement signed.
- The Liech Nuer community in Victoria- Australia strongly rejects the appointment of Taban Deng Gai as the FVP because Taban is always the destroyer not a peace loving person, his appointment will not bring any change to the implementation of peace in South Sudan, rather the increasing suffering of the South Sudanese people.
- Also Liech Nuer community is calling upon the four sections of Nuer society to disown this conspiracy initiated by Taban Deng Gai and Ezekiel Lol Gatkouth in Juba.
- It is crystal clear that Salva Kiir has violated and destroyed the August 2015 peace agreement by illegally appointing Taban Deng Gai as the FVP of the Republic of South Sudan and we strongly reject this decision because it is against the provision of the peace agreement.
- We also would like to appreciate and congratulate the Chairman of SPLM/IO for having taken a bold, unwavering decision on 22nd of July, 2016 to remove Gen. Taban Deng Gai from all his positions as the minister of mining.
- We strongly support the position of IGAD foreign ministers summit held in Nairobi and that of AU head of state’s summit held in Kigali Rwanda for approval of UN Security Council of sending urgent UN intervention forces from the region to maintain rule of law and order in South Sudan and to protect our venerable citizens.
- We call on the regional and the International leaders to put more pressure on President Salva Kiir Mayardit to accept the notion of the international community to send in deterrent forces to act as a buffer. The question to ask is if President Kiir failed to implement peace agreement with Dr. Riek Machar, Why would he implement it with Taban Deng Gai?
Peter Dador | on behalf of the Community
Liech Nuer Community Association of Australia Inc.