February 5, 2018,
1) Obstruction of justice and peace negotiation.
- Gen. Taban Deng Gai was the mastermind behind the conspiracy to obstruct the 2015 peace agreement, which led to Dog fight (famously refers to) as J1 battle on July 8th, 2016. The result ended the peace process consequently forcing Dr. Riek Machar and his forces to military withdraw from Juba.
2) Blocking Humanitarian access as well as military invasion of vulnerable areas.
- Taban Deng did not only sabotage the peace agreement but plunged the entire country into abyss by encouraging Salva Kiir to pursue any supporters of Dr. Riek Machar and disrupt any peace with any opposition by invading Greater Equatorian Region, which is the breadbasket of South Sudan with its unique fertile land. The Humanitarian crisis in Equatorian led to the country being one of the worse humanitarian crisis globally.
3) Elimination of Opposition political activists.
- In order to silence the opposition movement Taban Deng successfully imposes a policy through bribery to arrest main opposition political figures mainly in Kenya. The Spokesman for Dr Riek Machar James Gatdet Dak top the list of those to be arrested and immediately deported to Juba. Following the illegal abduction of James Gatdet Dak two more political activists were abducted in Kenya beginning with Lawyer and Human right activists Dong Luak and following with ministry of Humanitarian Aggrey Idri, Both were abducted in Kenya.
4) Another serious charges against Taban Deng is the invasion of opposition stronghold Pagak which led to thousands of thousands refugees fleeing into Ethiopia. The newly refugees were visited by Amb. To United Nation Nikki Haley.
5) Serious Human rights violations were also committed by Taban Deng led coalition in Luo Nuer land. The military operation was led by Gen Gony Biliew another individual likely will face Human rights violations in Hybrid court once the main individuals obstructing the peace process are identified.
6) Vice President Taban led coalition in Bentiu has caused thousand to seek shelter.
7) Another ceasefire agreement was signed in December 24, 2017 only to learned that Taban Deng forces aggressively attacked opposition forces which is against the cessation of Hostilities agreement. The government and Taban Deng terrorist group committed 31 violations in the cessation of hostilities agreement.
8) Two weeks into cessation of hostilities fully into affected Taban Deng Gai associates abducted Governor of Kapoeta Marko Lokidor while on holiday visitation in Kenya.
The International community must act with sense of urgency and hold Taban Deng Gai and Salva Kiir Mayardit accountable for obstructing peace process. Too much time has been wasted on unsuccessful agreements. It’s time international community arrest criminals that are destroying the world youngest nation such as Salva Kiir Mayardit and Taban Deng G