February 6, 2018, The FVP Gen. Taban Deng Gai declared the United States Of America as advesary (Enemy of the States) of South Sudan and call for uprising and Calls China and Rusia to blocked any proposal by the U.S at Un Security Council.
U.S wanred it citizens in Juba and across South Sudan to take an exra security measures.
Event: Eye witness accounts estimated a crowd between 500 and 2,000 assembling this morning and moving towards the U.S. Embassy. There is no announced timeframe for the demonstration. The Embassy has been informed that anti-U.S. protests are organized in response to U.S. arms embargo.
· The Embassy temporarily halted all walking movements.
· Embassy personnel advised to avoid crowds and limit movements in the city during the protest.
· The Embassy recommends refraining from visiting the Embassy at this time.
Actions to Take:
· Avoid the areas of the demonstration.
· Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
During business hours: +211-91-210-5188
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
South Sudan Country Information